Links, tools and gadgets

Saturday, May 28, 2005

ElfQuest and Doctor Who

Still a bit pressed for time, a few quick comments.

Picked up ELFQUEST: THE SEARCHER AND THE SWORD from my local library. That's the original hardcover ElfQuest story that Wendy Pini did recently and published through DC. That was quite the disappointment, I'm sorry to say. I'm not a huge fan of ElfQuest, but I have read and mostly enjoyed the original stuff until they opened it up to other creators (and did like some of the stuff I read after that). This new thing just felt wrong on a lot of levels (did anyone really think, after reading the original, that what EQ really needed was a human point-of-view character?) and Pini turning to computer rendered lettering and colouring really didn't work for me.

It has got me kind of interested in going back and rereading the original stuff, though, so maybe more on that later.

Also get a bunch more DOCTOR WHO videos. Some more nice Hartnell stuff in "The Ark", and an okay Pertwee era one that I remembered in "The Curse of Peladon". On the other hand, my first taste of the McCoy 7th Doctor in two awful stories, "The Happiness Patrol" and "The Greatest Show In The Galaxy". I can see that the cancellation soon after those was wholly justified, and in fact overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]