Links, tools and gadgets

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Library follies

I sometimes wonder about the holdings of the Toronto Library system. The other day I noticed a copy of one of the digest formatted Elfquest volumes DC is publishing now. I'd been curious about those, but not enough to buy them, so I decided to try to get the first volume of THE GRAND QUEST or WOLFRIDER. When I checked the system, though, I saw that they had 56 copies of GRAND QUEST v3, 44 copies of GRAND QUEST v4 and... that's it. None of the first two volumes of GRAND QUEST, none of WOLFRIDER. Seems an odd choice of what to get. I wonder how that happens? Some dollars just happened to open up in the budget in the right week? The two volumes they got being on sale? An order not being filled (I sometimes see that they have an upcoming book listed as "On order", and then still being "On order" months after it comes out, and then eventually being scrubbed from the system).

Anyway, just a pointless observation on a hot afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]