Links, tools and gadgets

Saturday, July 30, 2005

My Collection - THE SPECTRE [1992 Series]

The Spectre [1992 series]
44 issues [1992 - 1997]
1 - 5, 7 - 21, 23 - 33, 38, 44 - 47, 49, 52 - 57, 0

This longest running version of the title based on the Golden Age DC character created by Jerry Siegel and Bernard Baily was written by John Ostrander throughout, and mostly illustrated by Tom Mandrake, with a few fill-ins (including one by 1970s Spectre artist Jim Aparo and a few by John Ridgway that I liked a lot), plus lots of different cover artists. It lasted until #62.

I found it a bit uneven when I started reading it early on, and managed to miss several issues. Had some good points, but would sometimes drift for a few issues. Eventually I dropped it after about two years, but liked it enough that when I saw a bunch of the later issues in a quarter bin I picked them up, although I haven't gotten around to reading them all yet, so the number of issues I have is deceptively high.

When I get a chance to read through them I'll have to decide if I want to track down a few of the issues I'm missing, or get rid of some that I have.

A lot of the covers are pretty generic, so hard to remember particular issues of note. #16 has the guest art by Jim Aparo, so that's pretty good. A bit over-powered by the inking, but still good to see him on the character again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]