Links, tools and gadgets

Monday, September 05, 2005

Stuff of Interest - November 2005

The Kirby-centric version of this list is here.


PLANET BRONX PRODUCTIONS

Have I told you enough yet how strongly I recommend you buy this? As mentioned before, available now from the publisher directly, but order if from your local comic shop if you think that'll get them to order a few for the shelf.


FANTAGRAPHICS

I've read this in a previous edition, and it's a very good, easy to read silent classic, well worth picking up.



DYNAMIC FORCES

It's a bit overblown for a guy who's still very recent and still working, but I do like PĂ©rez's artwork, and if I ever see a used copy of this in the $10 range (or they release a paperback in that range) I might pick it up.


CLAYPOOL COMICS



I read and enjoyed this book for the longest time, but sort of drifted away in the last few years. I'm impressed that David and Howell and company have made it up to #75, and might track down some recent issues to see what's going on.



CHECKER BOOK PUBLISHING GROUP

The temptation to write my comments in doggerel for this...

Nice cover, I'll probably pick up at least one volume of this series at some point. I always love early work from artists whose later work is so much a part of the fabric of pop culture.


AMAZE INK/SLAVE LABOR GRAPHIC

Have I mentioned in the past few weeks how much I like Roberts' work? One of my favourite modern creators.



AIRWAVE COMICS


Don't know anything about this series other than what I read and see here, but it looks cute enough, and DeCarlo's another of those artists whose later work is ingrained in pop culture.


DARK HORSE



It's USAGI, that's enough. Sakai does good conclusions to epics.


DARK HORSE



Not going to pick it up, but kudos for the "Pekar meets the Escapist" concept.


DARK HORSE

A great series of reprints, with some of the flaws of the early volumes fixed in the more recent releases.



Also, DC reprints some early JONAH HEX stories in their new Essential format, which should just be worth the price to me. Image promises to finally release their "10th Anniversary" book, of interest to me only for the Larry Marder introduction, so I'll probably try to borrow it for that at some point. Also from Image, Colleen Doran releases the fourth A DISTANT SOIL book, which I'll pick up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]