Links, tools and gadgets

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Upcoming Stuff of Interest - Battler Britton #2

BATTLER BRITTON #2 (OF 5)
Written by Garth Ennis; Art by Colin Wilson; Cover by Garry Leach

Tempers flare in the wake of repeated clashes between the Yanks and their newly arrived Brit Associates. As Battler tries to create a new camaraderie, both camps display heroism in the face of death — and for one of their number, it's too close a call!
32pg. Color $2.99 US

On Sale August 2, 2006


I'm not sure I'll get this, since I've rarely thought much of Ennis's writing, but I do want to say that I love the Garry Leach covers (especially for #1, see the link above). There's also a PDF preview of the first issue up at that link, and while it's too disjointed to give a feel for the writing, I really like Colin Wilson's art in it. Might be enough to get me to try it.

Speaking of Colin Wilson, does anyone know if the second and third chapters of his INTO THE SHADOW OF THE SUN series was ever published in English? I have the old Eclipse/Acme edition of the first book, RAEL, but I've never seen any hint of the others (I'm pretty sure Eclipse never published more, checking Cat Yronwode's site with a list of all Eclipse books).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]