Links, tools and gadgets

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nobody ever believes...



Nobody ever believes that this is a genuine, published in newspapers, Peanuts strip by Charles Schulz. Just you wait until THE COMPLETE PEANUTS v23 comes out and you'll see. It's an interesting display of Schulz's occasional fascination with THE GREAT GATSBY (I think there are several strips with references to the light on Daisy's dock and such things) and his obvious utter invulnerability to editorial input in the later years. Didn't someone tell him that this anomalous strip might not be a good idea (if you check the surrounding strips they're standard mid-90s Peanuts fare)?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26 am

    I just feel sorry for Woodstock. What did he do to earn Snoopy's existential scorn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if Woodstock is facing Snoopy's scorn or just in a similarly wistful mood. If only he had some dialogue ("||| || || ||||") to let us know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut this out and put it on my fridge in 1995 ( I was 17)

    ReplyDelete

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]